Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Institute for Government

I went to the Institute for Government today, to meet Lord Andrew Adonis for lunch. Andrew was briefly my boss when I worked in the Downing Street Policy Directorate, leaving to become a Lord and a Minister.  It was a speedy lunch. Andrew talks quickly, (it boggles the mind to imagine what is going on in parallel in his fierce brain) and within 25 minutes we had agreed that I would start in June as an unsalaried Whitehall Fellow, with a desk, an email address, and an intern at my disposal. The Institute is also happy to publish my report and help with its dissemination, possibly as part of its 'Inside Out' series. I’m thrilledIt is a great way to ease my way back in to the workplace, and to get a profile for what I'm thinking and writing about. 

1 comment:

K said...

How wonderful! I'm definitely in favour of the IfG, because the kind people there let me sit in their lovely rooms from time to time between meetings. I feel quite at home, because it used to be the Lord Advocate's Department, before devolution restored the Advocate to an Edinburgh existence.